Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Grace and Peace! This summer we have been offered an incredible opportunity - the chance to bring joy (and a new playground) to the children of Bethlehem, Palestine. The Fund for Theological Education has awarded me a Ministry Fellowship for the summer of 2008. I have chosen to use this money to travel to Bethlehem where I will study Arabic and construct a playground in collaboration with Playgrounds for Palestine. The funds I have received from the FTE will cover the cost of travel, housing, and my immersion courses at the Siraj Center for Holy Land studies - as well as an initial payment toward the installation of the playground. I am seeking partners to help finance the remaining cost of the construction of a new playground facility for the children of the city which will be my home for the summer of 2008.

I encourage you to explore the links I've listed here, and please don't hesitate to send me an email if you have any questions - dannison@gmail.com.

Please note - the link on the right will take to you to a page on the Playgrounds for Palestine website that has been specially set up to receive donations for this project.

No comments: